Bali is called ‘The Island of The Gods’ and that is a perfect way to describe it… On the 20th of March I left for a 2-week getaway to Bali!
Where to stay:
Villa Mahasari is located just behind the main street, and is a stunning 4 bedroom private villa. What made this luxurious villa so amazing was the incredible staff. They were so kind and helpful with everything, from ordering takeaway to organising massages to take place at our villa. With 4 bedrooms located both upstairs and downstairs, it is perfect for big group bookings as well as smaller groups. The outdoor area is so spacious, fitted with your own pool and lounges.
Next we stayed at Villa Jodie which is right on the main street! It was in such a good location, right in the middle of all the great shops in Seminyak. The villa was beautiful and very peaceful, and the breakfast brought to us each morning was amazing!
Four On Drupadi is located in the heart of Seminyak off the main hustle and bustle Seminyak street. From stepping into the estate, the tranquil and calming atmosphere of the place is evident within just minutes of arriving.
We stayed in villa Yuubi, a Japanese inspired Villa, meaning love in Japanese. It was a two-bedroom villa with our own pool and traditional Japanese hot bathtub located outdoors.
Downstairs the master bedroom overlooked the pool and garden. It featured a spacious bathroom fitted with an outdoor shower and a bathtub.
The second story villa features an incredible enchanting Japanese rooftop garden with white pebbles and potted bonsai shrubs. I would highly recommend staying here for a relaxing and peaceful stay.
For the second week we checked into Peppers Seminyak, staying at a 3-bedroom villa. This was incredible; the resort is huge, with a great gym, spa and restaurant. You really don’t need to leave the resort, perfect for families, and couples.
Lastly we stayed at Villa Saba 10, which was one of my absolute favourites. Located in Umalas, only a short 3-minute cab ride out of Seminyak. The villa sleeps 11 people, and is very spacious, with both security, and staff. The villa features your own pool, lounges, kitchen, outdoor baths, and a beautiful yoga studio on the rooftop. Would highly recommended staying here, especially if you are a large group wanting your own private villa.
Places to eat
- Motel Mexicola (the best Mexican food)
- Cafe Organic (my absolute favourite place to eat! It’s a must)
- Seacircus – great juices and food
- Crate Cafe – located in Canggu (worth the drive)
- Revolved (best coffee and great breakfast)
- Biku – whilst you’re there get a reading done!
- Mama San
- Sisterfields- (great salads and Acai)
- Potato Head (get in early to sit by the pool)
- The Corner Store
- Nalu Bowls
- La Lucciola – amazing spot for breaky
- Ku De Ta – amazing food and the best cocktails
- Earth Café
- Cocoon Beach Club
- Sardine – beautiful dinner
- Sarong – AMAZING food
- Char Char- great cheap frozen cocktails
- Café Bali
- Boss Burgers
Places to go
- BodyWorks – beautiful spa opposite Mexicola
- Gooseberry Intimates (get your nails done upstairs they are the best in Bali and super cheap!
Where to shop
- Magali Pascal
- Religion Store
- Salt Store
Where to stay
- Villa Mahasari
- Villa Jodie
- Four On Drupadi
- Peppers Seminyak
- Villa Saba 10