We both love Hawaii as we have visited the island 3 times now, and were so excited to go back. We went with our family and had such a nice relaxing time, and we both got a lot of inspiration out of our trip. We stayed at The Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach, which is in a great spot right on the beach and right on the shopping strip with great restaurants/cafes very close by. We also rented a car and made a day trip to the North Shore, to check out the unique shops, restaurants and beautiful beaches, The North Shore is beautiful, such a different pace to Waikiki and so unique. There was also a lot of surf going on when we were there which was cool to see also.
We got up super early one morning and had a surfing lesson at sunrise, which was an amazing experience, and the best place to learn right on Waikiki beach as the waves are very gentle.
Another morning our whole family did the Diamond head hike, which has the most amazing view from the top.
We love everything Hawaii has to offer.. The amazing food, beautiful beaches, boutique shopping, palm trees and continuous sunshine.
Where we ate
- Island Vintage Coffee Honolulu – Best Acai Bowls (every morning)
- Island Vintage Shaved Ice store
- Roys Restaurant (best soufflé and Dragon sushi)
- Haleiwa Bowels, North Shore,
- Papukea’s Grill, North Shore (Caravan on the side of the road, best local food)
- Cheese Cake Factory (for real American food)
- The Modern Honolulu – for a sunset Frozen Coconut Mojito
- Royal Hawaiian for sunset drinks (Pina Colada)
Where we shopped
- Ala Moana (Shopping Centre about 5 mins from Waikiki beach, that has everything there)
- Urban outfitters
- Brandy Melville
- Malibu Shirts
- Calypso St. Barth
- Pink Sand (Best local swimwear)
What we did
- Hired a car and drove up to the North Shore
- Sunset surfing lesson (Oahu Surf Lessons – Waikiki)
- Diamond head walk